ITF Wheelchair Tennis Committee
The duties and powers of the ITF Wheelchair Tennis Committee are as follows:
- To manage the day-to-day administration of wheelchair tennis.
- To ensure uniform application of, and compliance with, the Rules, Regulations and Code of Conduct
- To administer the funds of wheelchair tennis within the financial framework of the ITF
- To report to the Board of Directors on all financial matters
- To undertake other duties as laid down in the Handbook
- To submit regular reports to the Board of Directors
- To decide any appeals or disputes in whatever manner they deem to be appropriate and whose decision shall be final and binding on all parties
Chairman: Mr Stuart Smith (GBR)
Committee Member: Mr Antonio Jorda (ESP)
Committee Member: Mr Sani Ndanusa (NGR)
Committee Member: Mr Christo Kok (NED)
Committee Member: Mr Curtis Bender (USA)
Committee Member: Ms Janet Petras (CAN - Advisory Panel)
Committee Member: Mr Martin McElhatton (GBR - Advisory Panel)
ITF Wheelchair Tennis Manager: Mr Mark Bullock (GBR)
ITF Wheelchair Tennis Officer: Mrs Ellen de Lange (NED)
International Wheelchair Tennis Association (IWTA)
In 1998, the International Wheelchair Tennis Federation (IWTF) was fully integrated into the ITF, making it the first disabled sport to achieve such a union at an international level.
In order to maintain links with former IWTF member nations, which include National Disability Organisations, National Wheelchair Tennis Associations and National Tennis Associations, the International Wheelchair Tennis Association (IWTA) was formed.
The IWTA was dissolved as of 31 December 2012.
An advisory body now advises the ITF Wheelchair Tennis Committee, representing the views of players and administrators within wheelchair tennis.
Click here for a list of National Associations.
The ITF Wheelchair Tennis Classification Panel has been established to serve a number of functions within the sport of wheelchair tennis, including, but not limited to, the resolution of eligibility matters.
The Panel is made up of Medical doctors, a legal representative, a player representative(s) and other personnel experienced in wheelchair tennis. The terms of reference of the Panel are set out below:
- To determine eligibility matters in accordance with the Rules of Wheelchair Tennis and/or to appoint classifiers to adjudicate eligibility to play wheelchair tennis and quad tennis.
- To consider applications from players to register as a quad player and determine whether a player is eligible to play in the Quad Draw or whether a quad tennis classifier(s) should assess such player.
Classification Panel Members:
Sue Wolstenholme (Chairperson)