In accordance with the instructions contained in the current edition of the ITF BALL APPROVAL PROCEDURES document and application form, available to download below, any company wishing to have their brand(s) of tennis ball approved shall:
1. Submit an application form to the ITF. Upon receipt the ITF shall issue an invoice for the testing fee.
2. Send ball samples to the ITF Technical Centre in London for laboratory testing:
- Standard tennis balls and Stage 1 (green) introductory balls - 6 dozen (72) balls
- Stage 2 (orange) or Stage 3 (red) introductory balls - 3 dozen (36) balls
3. Upon receipt of payment, the ITF shall issue a test report and the ball brand(s) published on the ITF Technical website.
4. Approval is valid for one calendar year. An ITF Approved logo shall be provided, which can be used on ball packaging and market to promote the product.
For inclusion in the ITF annual publication entitled "ITF Approved Tennis Balls, Classified Surfaces & Recognised Courts", the following dates apply:
Deadline for inclusion
16 November 2015
Application forms (Word .doc format)
2016 ITF Ball Approval Application Form - Testing
2016 ITF Ball Approval Application Form - Assimilation