In accordance with the instructions contained in the current edition of the ITF BALL APPROVAL PROCEDURES document and application form, available to download below, any company wishing to have their brand(s) of tennis ball approved shall:
1. Submit an application form to the ITF. Upon receipt the ITF shall issue an invoice for the testing fee.
2. Send ball samples to the ITF Technical Centre in London for laboratory testing:
- Standard tennis balls and Stage 1 (green) introductory balls - 6 dozen (72) balls
- Stage 2 (orange) or Stage 3 (red) introductory balls - 3 dozen (36) balls
3. Upon receipt of payment, the ITF shall issue a test report and the ball brand(s) published on the ITF Technical website.
4. Approval is valid for one calendar year. An ITF Approved logo shall be provided, which can be used on ball packaging and market to promote the product.
List of Approved brands
The list of ITF Approved balls for use in 2017 is published here. As additional balls are added, the website is updated.
Application forms (Word .doc format) appear below