The Olympic Tennis Event in Los Angeles in 1984 was a 21 & under Demonstration Event and there were no medals officially handed out. Nevertheless, the LA Tennis Centre at UCLA was sold out every day as fans flocked to see some of the greats playing. The matches for the event were all played on hard courts.
In the men’s singles event, Sweden’s Stefan Edberg stormed through the competition without dropping a set and defeated Mexican Francisco Maciel in the final 61 76(6).
In the women’s event, a 15-year-old Steffi Graf, the youngest entrant in the competition and representing West Germany, burst on to the scene, coming from a set down in the final to defeat Sabrina Goles of Yugoslavia 16 63 64.
- Gold: Stefan Edberg (SWE)
- Silver: Francisco Maciel (MEX)
- Bronze: James Arias (USA) and Paolo Cane (ITA)
- Gold: Steffi Graf (GER)
- Silver: Sabrina Goles (YUG)
- Bronze: Raffaella Reggi (ITA) / Catherine Tanvier (FRA)