Individual travel grants are available to assist talented players from developing nations to play a specific programme of tournaments outside their own country. Applications are considered from ITF member nations for players between the ages of 13 and 23 who have never attained a ranking in the top-200 ATP/WTA, and who plan to compete in a minimum of three events outside of their country.
All applications are reviewed by the Grand Slam Development Fund Committee, with input from the relevant ITF Departments (women’s, men’s, juniors) and the ITF Development Officers prior to decisions being taken. Please note the following guidelines:
Applications will be considered only in respect of players between the ages of 12 and 23 who have never attained a ranking in the top 200 ATP / WTA, and who plan to compete in a minimum of three events.
There are two types of grant that can be awarded by the Grand Slam Development Fund Committee:
TYPE A: Grants for players who have proven themselves to be among the best players in a particular country or region and who are currently representing or who are likely to represent their country in Davis or Fed Cup.
TYPE B: Grants for those players that have achieved meaningful results in junior tennis (ie. among the best players in the world in their age group) and whom the Committee consider to have a good chance to progress to the top professional level (top 100 ATP / WTA ranking).
- Players should have supported and participated in regional junior circuits and team events for their country in previous years.
- Players should be in good standing with their National Association.
- Players should have committed to make themselves available for selection in the future for national teams that are participating in Davis Cup/Fed Cup and the Olympic Tennis event.
- Players should have shown a positive attitude/behaviour in competitions in previous years.
- The schedule of events must be approved by the ITF. Any changes made to the schedule following the awarding of the grant should be approved in advance by the ITF.
- Expenses of coaches or other accompanying persons will not be covered by the grant, and any funds awarded must go solely towards the player's expenses.
- All approved grants will be paid to the player through their National Association.